In the vapor compression refrigeration system and by compression of ammonia vapors (or freon, vapour) is overheating in the high pressure and high temperature.
Due to fast flow rate, high temperature when it discharged. Part of the oil on the cylinder wall, because inevitably subjected to high-temperature steam into oil and oil particles and
Discharged refrigerant vapor. And the faster the higher exhaust temperature, flow rate, then the discharge of oil, the more. For ammonia refrigeration system, due to ammonia and oil does not dissolve,
So when refrigerants with the lubricant into the condenser and evaporator are cemented in the heat transfer surface of a film of oil, so that increases the heat resistance,
Which will reduce the heat transfer efficiency of the condenser and evaporator, reduce the cooling effect. According to the information in the surface attached to the 0.1mm when the oil film,
Will reduce the evaporation temperature is 2.5, more power-hungry 11~12%. So it must be set up between the compressor and the condenser oil separators,
In order to mix oil in the refrigerant vapor is isolated. To sum up, the main functions of the oil separator:
1. To ensure oil return to the compressor oil tanks to prevent compressor failure due to lack of lubricant and prolong compressor life.
2. Change of flow rate decrease and the flow direction of interactions causing lubricating oil gathering, such separation at high temperature lubricants are collected centrally,
And automatically returns to the crankcase, increasing efficiency.
3. Prevent the compressor from liquid strike.
4. To develop the condenser and evaporator's efficiency. 5. Reduce the vibration and noise on the high pressure side of the system.
6. While these features can also make lower system costs.